Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Trigger-Out--->Trigger-In AND ...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

SignalTap really, really, really doesn't like it when you have no trigger conditions - even when you use trigger-in from another instance. Does it ignore the trigger conditions and just use the trigger-in? Does it handle asynchronous interfaces across the trigger?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Trigger in is basically trigger condition 0. It evaluates it and then proceeds to the trigger condition columns. You need to have at least one trigger condition column, but you can turn off the checkbox at the top of the trigger condition column to skip that condition. Thus, trigger in would be your only trigger condition. 

Steve
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Steve, 

I have had problems when I disable all triggers on the main page (w/o regard to trigger-in). 

That may be have been on release 13 though. Can't recall in release 16.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hmm. Strange. You can of course just set all the signals in a trigger condition column to don't care or turn off all the checkboxes for using your signals to define the trigger condition.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That's what I ended up doing (don't-cares) and I complies with your understanding because it doesn't trigger until the trigger-in.

0 Kudos