Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Dds

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am a college student attending department of electronic communication. 

In the subject of Digital System Design, I learned basic VHDL with Altera DE2 board 

Currently, we are using a board combining LMS7002 RF board and FPGA board from limemicro system in digital communication laboratory. 

First of all, it's a relatively old board. I do not have a site to refer to it, so it's a bit difficult. Have you used it? 

And then you go to the point, and your professor asked you to design DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis). Is there a DDS built in to quartus? 

In addition, I was supposed to use DDS IP and a fixed frequency. 

I am still vulnerable to the communication part ... (I am studying.) 

I would be grateful if you could provide us with any reference or guidelines for this area.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you know what the FPGA on the board is? If it's not an Altera FPGA, you'll need to use the other companies' compiler.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Do you know what the FPGA on the board is? If it's not an Altera FPGA, you'll need to use the other companies' compiler. 

--- Quote End ---  

It is a STREAM board connected to Limemicro's LMS7002 RF board. It has its own GUI, which is a format to upload and play rbf files. But is it possible to compile in Quartus because it is an Altera board?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

STREAM board seems to use Cyclone iV, which isnt that old and is still supported in Quartus prime. 

So Im not quite sure what your problem is?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

STREAM board seems to use Cyclone iV, which isnt that old and is still supported in Quartus prime. 

So Im not quite sure what your problem is? 

--- Quote End ---  

The professor asked me to design DDS and then I / Q Calibration, but I'm an FPGA primer and it takes a lot of time to study the theory. So I hope to catch the guidelines.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There are plenty of examples if you search google for generating sine waves from FPGAs. Maybe you should look at those?

0 Kudos