FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

2D FIR Filter II IP Core

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am looking for the 2d fir filter ii ip core which is described in the video and image processing suite user guide. But I just cannot find it. I have Quartus 13.1 installed, and this core is not listed within megawizard. I cannot find information on Google either as to where to find it. Could anyone kindly point me to the right direction? 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In Quartus 13.0 SP2 it's under DSP/Video and Image Processing in the MegaWizard Plug-In Manager. Some things changed in 13.1 but I would be surprised if they moved the VIP cores. I assume you know that the VIP cores are not free with Quartus. You have to license the VIP suite separately. 

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

well this is the place where I expected it to be. But here's the list of IP cores I've got: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13095&stc=1  

the version II of the 2D filter is not available. I can generate and simulate the filter v13.1 without any license warning, so I guess my Quartus license is enough (?). 

I have now installed Quartus 16.1 (30-days free license), an under its Qsys GUI I can see the desired core: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13096&stc=1  

so it may be a tool issue. It may be a license issue. Regardless, it is really tough to find relevant info.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The 2D FIR Filter *II* IP core is new in 16.1 so you will not find it in 13.1. 

The video IP cores have not been visible standalone since a few releases so the legacy 2D FIR Filter I video IP core will be in 13.1 but perhaps you may have to instantiate it through qsys.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you vgs, I came to the same conclusion (only available in 16.1). Sadly I am to work under 13.1. 

It would help if this was mentioned in the Video and Image Processing guide..
0 Kudos