FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

DSP Builder Custom Boards

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have been working with DSP Builder 7.1 for a few months now at a lab at school. I was wondering if anybody could help me in creating a new board device to use. Currently, I am trying to use the Cyclone II EP2C50. I tried creating a .board file using another Cyclone II device as a template. However, even though I have changed all the pins to the correct pinouts, the old pinouts from the other Cyclone II device remain. I am not even sure if I am going about the right way of doing this. Please help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you regenerating the board library after creating the .board file? The command alt_dspbuilder_createComponentLibrary may help here. The board and component files are cached once they're loaded - so you may have to restart MATLAB and then run the command without opening any designs or the library first.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks so much for your help with that. That was definately my problem. Was there some documentation where this kind of stuff is written down? I couldn't really seem to find anything around. Thanks again for your time! 

David Tietz
0 Kudos