Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

sopc Generation Error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi I am trying to generate the SOPC example design provided with Nios II EDS. (Standard.qpf) and I am getting the following error. Any one know how to fix this? Is it anything to do with setting the path? 

Info: Starting PTF file elaboration. 

3 [main] sh 1428 fork: child 3920 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization, errno 11 

c:/altera/72/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/nios_sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable 

Error: C:\altera\72\nios2eds\examples\verilog\niosII_cycloneII_2c35\low_cost/NiosII_cycloneII_2c35_low_cost_sopc.ptf: Failed to refresh PTF file
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi ganenn! 

I get the same error while trying to generate the DE_NET example system. Have you found a way to get your system working? 

Thanks for any clues, Macbeth
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Change the permission on directory. I think when you copy those folders they stay with the read only permission.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your answer, the directory really was in read-only. However, the real problem was my Windows Vista which by default is not compatible with the cygwin1.dll of the SOPC system. So I had to replace the cygwin1.dll in altera\72\quartus\bin\cygwin\bin with a new one from a recent cygwin-installation. Now the generation works just fine.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! Replacing cygwin1.dll worked for me also!!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all,  

Any of you guys tried using the NIOS II IDE with windows vista? I am getting the following error. 

Post-processing to create ext_flash.flash 

/cygdrive/c/altera/72/nios2eds/bin/elf2flash: line 2: /cygdrive/c/altera/72/nios2eds/bin/sh_jar.sh
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I meet the same problem.I've rebuilded the project,tried other's project,even reinpaired the QUartus7.2.But the error still exits. 

please help me,thank you! 

loecky@163.com
0 Kudos