Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Errors in license from Altera for Quartus II Web edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Aloha! 

I've just (yesterday) downloaded and installed the Quartus II Web Edition v7.2 SP3. Also I followed the link on the Altera web page to get a license file. So far so good. 

I add the file to a directory, point to the file in the license tool which then promptly detects the license - all very nice. 

I then start an implementation run on a small test design and allow Quartus II to select a suitable Cyclone-II device, which turns out to be a C5-device. 

But when it is time for the fitter, the implementation borks with the following messages: 

Warning: FLEXlm software error: Future license file format or misspelling in license file The file was issued for a later version of FLEXlm than this program understands. Feature: quartus_lite License path: C:\license_files\altera_license.dat FLEXlm error: -90,313 For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual, available at "www.macrovision.com". 

Error: Current license file does not support the EP2C8AF256A7 device 

Error: Quartus II Fitter was unsuccessful. 1 error, 1 warning 

Info: Allocated 134 megabytes of memory during processing 

Error: Processing ended: Wed Apr 02 16:03:21 2008 

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:07 

Error: Quartus II Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 1 error, 2 warnings  

It seems that the license file generated by Altera is not compatible with the FLEXlm version in Quartus II shipped by Altera. 

The Macrovision web page does not provide much in terms of help here... 

How on earth do I fix this? 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

/Joachim
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quick Aargh: The quoted error message states "Current license file does not support the EP2C8AF256A7 device" This is due to me trying to set the device manually when the problem first occured. 

I.e. there really seem to be a problem with the license and not the devices, but I should have checked what I quoted in the original post.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Aloha! 

I've just (yesterday) downloaded and installed the Quartus II Web Edition v7.2 SP3. Also I followed the link on the Altera web page to get a license file. So far so good. 

I add the file to a directory, point to the file in the license tool which then promptly detects the license - all very nice. 

I then start an implementation run on a small test design and allow Quartus II to select a suitable Cyclone-II device, which turns out to be a C5-device. 

But when it is time for the fitter, the implementation borks with the following messages: 

Warning: FLEXlm software error: Future license file format or misspelling in license file The file was issued for a later version of FLEXlm than this program understands. Feature: quartus_lite License path: C:\license_files\altera_license.dat FLEXlm error: -90,313 For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual, available at "www.macrovision.com". 

Error: Current license file does not support the EP2C8AF256A7 device 

Error: Quartus II Fitter was unsuccessful. 1 error, 1 warning 

Info: Allocated 134 megabytes of memory during processing 

Error: Processing ended: Wed Apr 02 16:03:21 2008 

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:07 

Error: Quartus II Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 1 error, 2 warnings  

It seems that the license file generated by Altera is not compatible with the FLEXlm version in Quartus II shipped by Altera. 

The Macrovision web page does not provide much in terms of help here... 

How on earth do I fix this? 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

/Joachim 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello watchman. 

I have a same your problem. Can you help me repair this problem.  

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos