Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

Store image to dev board without using Nios?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've recently inherited a Nios dev board, with an APEX EP20k200EFC484-2X FPGA, have downloaded Quartus II package, and can configue the device with an image. I want to know how to store an image to the board, so that I don't need to load it each time I power-up? 

I got the board with no software or docs and have no knowledge of what Nios design it might have contained. However, from the Nios Embedded Processor Development Board Data Sheet I have tracked down it looks like I might need to do something with the pre-loaded Nios design to store my image to memory on the board. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might proceed? 

Many thanks, 

James
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've realised that Nios II is not compatible with my (old) hardware anyway, and Nios I is not supported by the tools/available, so cannot hope to use this anyway. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the FPGA/board once rather than on every power up with these constraints? 

Many thanks, 

James
0 Kudos