Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

HELP:Problem installing USB Blaster driver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! 

I have a problem installing the USB Blaster driver to WIN2000 using Quartus II 8.0 Web Edition. The ''Found New Hardware Wizarrd'' is always looking for *.inf (Setup Information) files. But there is no *.inf file in the folder <path to quartus ii installation>\drivers\usb-blaster\x32, or ...\x64, the installation can not go on. But when I just choose ...\drivers\usb-blaster and the file usbblstr.inf is selected, then there is the error message 'The specified location does not contain information about your hardware'. I have read the USB Blaster User Guide and searched the forum and Altera support solutions but didn't find such problems. Could anyone give me some help? Thanks very much! 

Dan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

The inf file is there: <path to quartus ii installation>\drivers\usb-blaster 

You neither have to point to the x32 or x64 directories. 

Best regards, 

Sylvain.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. The problem was with my Laptop, my DELL laptop can not recognize the USB Blaster. When I changed to a Campaq laptop, the problem was solved.

0 Kudos