Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Resource Property Editor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I click on the I/O Block (Cyclone II) in the Chip Planner I get information about properties. In the column PADIO I find the information DATAIN 3470 ps and PADIO N/A. 

1. Who defines the delay time 3470 ps and from what does it depend on. 

2. How can I change the delay time?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The number represents the maximum cell delay from DATAIN and PADIO port and it generated directly from timing analysis tool (Classic Timing Analysis or TimeQuest Timing Analysis). Resource Property Editor isn't targeted for changing delay numbers. It's used for making last-minute engineering change orders on the post-fitting netlist. For example, if you have minor changes that you need to make on your design, then you can change it in Resource Property Editor without having to recompile. As for how to change delays, you need to specify Timing constraints as assignments in .qsf file and recompile.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your answer. At the moment I'am using the resource property editor to check my timing and to understand how TimeQuest calculates the timing.

0 Kudos