Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

SOPC-Component clk frequency

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

I'm defining parameters for custom Avaon components by adding them within *_hw.tcl file and pass derived parameters to VHDL generics. 

Some of these derived parameters are affected by clock speed of the clock the component is connected to. So far I get information about clock speed from an additional parameter which must be set by the user during instantiation of the component within SOPC-Builder. IMHO this is a very clumsy way of getting clock speed. 

Is there a way to derive information about clock speed of the connected clock from within tcl? 

Perhaps there is a predefined variable within tcl-scope ? 

thanx for your replies, 

Josef
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ah yes I've been doing the same things as you for years now. Until now there has been no easier way. However, with 8.0 they have added the ability to call a separate program to edit or add your module. They obviously have an API that lets you retrieve the information you need but so far they haven't really exposed it. We might start pressuring the Altera guys for the info. So far it's just been easier to do what you're doing now.

0 Kudos