Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

VGA DISPLAY on to the NIOS II CYCLONE III evaluation Board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

could any one help me out how to display my own code on to the LCD panel of the NIOS II CYCLONE III evaluation borad panel. 

I have my own code ready , So please guide me how to program it, iS THERE ANY DOCUMENT SHOWING HOW TO RUN OUR OWN CODE ?? 

I will be very much thankful if you could help me out ..  

Thanks, 

Srinath
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It would be better if you make your problem bit more clear. I am not getting exact idea whether you have hardware code ready for LCD controller or software code which drives LCD using any controller? 

There are ready reference available in setup package of NEEK, you can look at few examples given in package, from where you can start looking at how reference system works and find out what you need to do.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

My intenion is to display a video on to the touch screen, I have the complete code written in verilog, 

I have synthesized it and generated .sof file, so after that if i have to display that on to the touch screen , what is the procedure to follow ??  

It is a complete hardware design in verilog , no software avaialable for it ,,  

is there any demo example available ??  

please guide me where can I find it ??  

waiting for your reply..  

Thanks , 

Srinath.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can use the "Picture Viewer" demo as your design guide.You can simplifly the hardware and nios software, by removing the part of sg-dma-lan, uc/os code, gif decoder and other files.Left the only 4 necessary files:alteraC3.hPicture_Viewer.calt_video_display.calt_video_display.hMakes it show the CycloneIII logo only.Please refer to the link to get the "Picture Viewer" demo code.http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-cyc3-embedded.html?gsa_pos=2&wt.oss_r=1&wt.oss=neek

0 Kudos