Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

ALT2GXB self test ... Why ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm trying to create a custom high-speed interface based on the ALT2GXB of the Stratix II. I'm using the MegaWizard Plug-in Manager (Basic protocol). 

However, when I try to compile my design in QII, I get the following error message during Synthesis: 

Error: ATOM "ddl_phy_top:i_ddl_0|ddl_2125_phy:i_ddl_pcs|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_tx[0].transmit" has port DATAIN that cannot be connected because parameter enable_self_test_mode is true or channel-interface reconfiguration is enabled 

Indeed, in the wizard-generated wrapper file contains the following line: 

rx_enable_self_test_mode => "true" 

(and a similar one for the transmitter path) 

I could not find any settings on the wizard pages that would influence these parameters ? So, eventually, I modified the wrapper file, which seem to solve the issue. But, I'd really like to understand, if I'm doing something wrong during the customization... 

Thanks for any hints.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem. I changed the vhdl file that was generated by the megawizard, and it worked. But still I would like to know, what is the purpose of this line

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You could post your variation file and we could see if we can track it down. What version of the tools are you using and what mode do you have the alt2gxb instance set for? 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Since I have changed so many parameters in the past few hours, I can't remember which mode was it, but if I will get this massage again I will copy the file. I just wanted to know in general' what is the purpose of this "self test".

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

first, you should use the StratixIIGX devices; 

second, this issue appear from not using the altgxb after implementing it. such as you implement it in your design, but you don't constrain the pin of the altgxb.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Another reason, the altgxb was not used in your project, for other components the QII can bybass this situation, but unfortunitly QII doesn't do that for altgxb. So you must use it in your project, if you have implementd a altgxb in your project.

0 Kudos