FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

about FFT ip

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am a new man about fpga,currently,i want to implement use the FFT ip core in the Quartus II.but I can't understand the FFT core's input condition.someone have the most simple example,can give me? 

thanks!! 

i want to analysis input conditions use your example,because see the document,i feel very difficulty,if have a example,the problems will be easy solved.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You really should read about the altera streaming interface. it's not that long of a document (see the chapter on streaming) . Know that your FIR input is the "sink" side and the FIR output with signals is the "source" side . 

http://www.altera.com/literature/manual/mnl_avalon_spec.pdf 

See the fir manual as well. You didn't give us enough to know how much you know about FIR filters or Altera products either. Do you know how to design an FIR ? DISPRO is an excellent free software for determining your FIR cofs.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am very thank you for reply!! 

but I can't decide input parameters how to evaluate,especially are the sink_valid,sink_sop,sink_eop and source_ready.because no matter what I give them some values,source_real and source_imag are "00".
0 Kudos