Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16601 Discussions

SOPC Builder Error when adding a component

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to add a component to a NIOS system on a system running XP/Quartus II 7.1sp1 in SOPC builder. When I do this, the system gives the error: 

"Error: The module could not be edited" 

and the module is not added to the system. Does anyone know what this error means and what things may cause it?  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is the module you are trying to add? 

As a general note. SOPC builder 7.1 was a very incomplete product. It was a stepping stone to 7.2 and things even changed again in 8.0. If possible, I recommend against using 7.1 and moving at least to 7.2 if not 8.0. 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Unfortunately changing the tool version is not an option for me. Does anyone know why it prints out this error? What I am really hoping for is a work round that doesn't require a tool change or a component upgrade since those are not possible.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Once again ... what component are you trying to add? 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A colleague found the problem. You need write permissions to the Quartus temp directory -- a problem specific to our environment here. Thanks for the responses.

0 Kudos