Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Documentation for DE2, TRDB camera and TRDB-LCM display

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. 

I'm faced with the task of designing an alarm system using the hardware stated in the topic, in VHDL. My problem appears to be inderstanding how the goshdarned camera and display actually work - the documentation from the CDs is somewhat lacking in the regard of explanation. Are there any worthwhile books on this topic? I'm mostly interested in something that would allow me to use these things like I did use a monitor and keyboard with the VGA_SYNC.VHD and KEYBOARD.VHD modules I found in a book that I forget the name of. Help? :(
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I saw in the post: 

you were able to interface DE2 with TRDB_D5M and TRDB_LTM 

could you please share your vhdl code for interfacing the camera to the DE2 board or similar. I'm willing to pay you if its helpful. 

Please help me  

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello. 

I'm faced with the task of designing an alarm system using the hardware stated in the topic, in VHDL. My problem appears to be inderstanding how the goshdarned camera and display actually work - the documentation from the CDs is somewhat lacking in the regard of explanation. Are there any worthwhile books on this topic? I'm mostly interested in something that would allow me to use these things like I did use a monitor and keyboard with the VGA_SYNC.VHD and KEYBOARD.VHD modules I found in a book that I forget the name of. Help? :( 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I saw in the post: 

could you please share your vhdl code for interfacing the camera to the DE2 board or similar. I'm willing to pay you if its helpful. 

Please help me  

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I saw in the post: 

Please help me
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not allowed to share this code, due to the regulations of my university, sorry. I eventually managed to make my design work by basing it on the example Verilog code from the CDs that came with the camera and monitor. I don't presently have access to them, due to an disastrous malfunction of my PC some time ago - but you can presumably find them elsewhere. Look for things called the "DE2_LCM_CCD" and related code.

0 Kudos