FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

DSP builder 8.1 license problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to use DSP builder 8.1 but I'm having problems with the license. 

I was using DSP builder 7.2 and it wokred fine, but I needed to use dsp builder 8.1 so I removed dsp builder 7.2 and installed 8.1. This is when I had the license problem. I downgraded to dsp builder 7.2 again, and the license worked fine again.:confused:  

I returned to dspb uilder 8.1 and the problem arose for the second time.  

:confused: :confused:  

I have both quartus II 7.2 and quartus II 8.1 on my machine.  

My enviorment variable points to the correct license file, I see the D4_C5 feature in quartus, yet I'm still getting this license problem. http://www.alteraforum.com/forum//images/icons/icon9.gif  

Can anyone help me? 

10x 

Gilad
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you using the same project for both versions? 

If so, try deleting the "db" folder on your project and start the compilation again 

Regards 

Thiago
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The problem occurs before any HDL files are generated- just when I am starting to use Signal compiler block.  

Someone told me that there was a same problem when updating from dsp_builder 6.1 to 7.2- the license needs an update. Seems to me quite weird, to be honest...:confused:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is the expiration date in your license file? 

(for the DSP Vuilder function)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The problem was indeed with the DSP_Builder license- it did not expire but it did not support DSP Builder 8.1.  

10x for you help :)
0 Kudos