Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Where do I get XP driver for USB-Blaster

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Where do I download the XP driver for the USB-Blaster? 

According to the USB-Blaster Download Cable User Guide, you're 

supposed to download it from this page, but I haven't been able to find 

it: 

www.altera.com/support/software/drivers (http://www.altera.com/support/software/drivers)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Grant, 

The various drivers are part of the installed ACDS in the $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/drivers/usb-blaster directory. 

Cheers, 

- Ura
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am also looking for the driver but I am using ASAP2_1023.exe and I dont have Quartus. Should I download the free version of Quartus to find the driver? 

THank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would assume the driver to be part of the ASAP installation package, but I didn't use it since years. The above driver download link is still valid, however.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

try to search "usb blaster driver" in Altera website, i remembered there is step-by-step flow teaching you how to find and install the driver. =)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Download the Programmer/Signal Tap, it includes the driver: 

https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/programming/quartus2/dnl-quartus2_programmer.jsp
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have installed the drivers as suggested, but I am having trouble downloading the firmware. I am ASAP2_1023.exe an dtryin to download firmware for 5 EPM9560 EPLDs and one EPM7064 EPLD. 

When I try to select "Multi-Device JTAG Chain Setup" it seems as if the programm can not see the EPLDs.
0 Kudos