Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

QSYS 17 .0 pro missing .sopcinfo

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a qsys nios design that is working fine in Quartus 16.1 pro. 

Did an upgrade to Quartus 17.0 prime pro and after re-generating the qsys project, the <project>.sopcinfo file was removed and never recreated. 

The software BSP still requires this file, thus I can't compile any new software on a Q17.0pro generated Nios system. 

Is this a bug or are there some new way to generate the .sopcinfo file? Any known work arounds? 

Anyone else seen this?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm presuming you are using an Arria 10 device. It should be there in the same directory as the .qsys file. I don't think the file locations were moved around between 16.1 and 17.0. Maybe try trashing the generated system's folder and regenerating.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Found it. 

The <project>.sopcinfo file used to be generated into the same path as the <project>.qsys file. Now it's placed in the generated <project> folder. Makes sense to have all generated files in the same place. 

Also all sub components (under the ip/ folder) gets their own .sopcinfo 

In eclipse Nios-SBT you can't edit the BSP to reference a new .sopcinfo so you have to manually edit the settings.bsp file to point to the new location. Or create a new BSP for the QSYS 17.0 project.
0 Kudos