Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

ISP1362 usb device

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello 

i'm trying to get the USB on my DE2-70 board to work as a device. And the host is the PC. I do not want to use the NIOS processor... 

I followed the step by step register initialisation in the Datasheet, for B-device initiating SRP and nothing happens... 

this is what I did: 

(using a state machine on the 50Mhz board's clock) 

-Detect initial conditions [read ID_REG, B_SESS_END and SE0_2MS (bits 0,and 9) of the OtgStatus register]. 

- data line pulsing for 8ms 

- vbus pulsing for 30 ms 

- didn't discharge vbus because it said it is optional :) 

what am I doing wrong?!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I work On the similar project Say me : where are you in your work and it is possible to exchange Data on the subject ! 

Are you french ? :X
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

well due to the fact that i'm on a tight schedule, i had to let it go for now... 

I got really upset with it and deleted the sources...so I can't help you with what I've done... 

I will get back to it in about 2 months...if you can wait that long:) 

After giving up on this I also played a bit with the NIOS processor...It has some kind of interface with the ISP1362...I didn't actually use this neither, but from what I understand, it should be a lot easier than writing your own module...now it depends on what you're aiming at. If you need any help with this part, i'll do what I can :) 

ps: I'm from Romania
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello 

I am now working in a project which needs to make the DE2-70 board as a USB device and the host is the PC.  

I write some codes in vhdl to communicate with the ISP1362, because I can not to use the NIOS processor... 

When I try to probe the system, I found these problems: 

1) If I connect both the blaster cable and the device cable to the pc or only the blaster, the host  

shows initially the blaster, then I download the firmware to the FPGA and the system do the Enumeration and initialization  

process and the ISP1362 is recognize by the host PC. But, if I disconnect the blaster cable, the system  

is not respond, then I reset the driver by the firmware and the device is doesn't show by the host. 

I am using the VISA USB Raw of National Instrument and its driver in the host. 

2) If I work with both the blaster cable and the device cable connected, the system can transmit data 

from PC to device successful, but when I try to send data from device to host PC, it show me a timeout error. 

I check the firmware step by step and it apparently work correctly.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

//////////////////////////////// 

2) If I work with both the blaster cable and the device cable connected, the system can transmit data from PC to device successful, but when I try to send data from device to host PC, it show me a timeout error. 

////////////////////////////////// 

This behavior is result from hardware design. 

Clock 12 MHZ goes from byte blaster to the ISP1362. 

When blaster cable is not connected 12 MHZ clock is absent !!!! 

And ISP1362 not worked. 

So decision is to provide clock 12 MHZ from Cyclone II pll. 

I have implemented pll with clock into FPGA and connect it to the pin VGA_HS. 

On the board I solder wire between VGA_HS and signal side of the capacitor C54. Also I have moved away resistor R126.  

So ISP1362 work without blaster cable to be connected.
0 Kudos