FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

HDL import blocks, Simulink signal routing, and Altera port types

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

This is a bit of a vague question, but maybe one of you has experienced something similar, and hopefully found the reason for it. 

I have several components I have imported as HDL black boxes. All that code works, as I use it in an identical project except for Xilinx chips. 

For clarity, I need to use the Simulink Goto/From routing blocks, but this seems to cause problems?? Which is wierd, because these should be absolutely transparent. 

The problem I get is messages: 

Error reported by S-function 'sGeneric' in 'doppler_filter_module_altera/DFM CHA/Collapse RPDS data/Delay6': 

Could not infer a type for port doppler_filter_module_altera/DFM CHA/Collapse RPDS data/Delay6:input. 

By pulling part of the subsystem "Collapse RPDS data" that has this Delay block in it to the next higher level subsystem - solves this particular issue, but I then get it in another place. This might simply be because the parsing order has changed, and not actually fixed anything at all. 

The point is - I've been trying to chase this problem all day, and I don't know how to look for the real cause of it. 

As far as I can see, everything is correctly typed, and in the correct domain (Simulink / Altera). I assume the ports of the HDL Import blocks are already typed by the VHDL inside. 

I have been trying to place Tsamp rate assertions, and AltBus type assertions all over, but still does not help. 

Can anyone offer any suggestions? 

Kind regards, 

Kevin
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This seems to be related to SCOPED routing blocks. Reverting to local and global solve this problem in my case. 

I am not sure why the HDL Import'ed blocks are part of the problem, as I can also get rid of the "port type..." errors by removing the HDL imports. 

There is a bug in here somewhere.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

does your HDL Import block connect directly to a Delay block?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I also have the same question.Do you have the answer?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So I also meet this problem,do you have solve it?

0 Kudos