Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

cyclone iii problem with ddr sdram pin

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i use altmemddr with sopc builder . 

when i compile the **.bdf ,I got error as below 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_clk_reset_ciii:clk|altddio_bidir:DDR_CLK_OUT[0].ddr_clk_out_p|ddio_bidir_cmg:auto_generated|ddio_outa[0]" feeding the pin "ddr_clk" has multiple fan-outs 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dq_ddio_dataout[7]" feeding the node "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dqs_group[0].dq[7].dq_obuf" has multiple fan-outs 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dq_ddio_dataout[6]" feeding the node "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dqs_group[0].dq[6].dq_obuf" has multiple fan-outs 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dq_ddio_dataout[5]" feeding the node "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dqs_group[0].dq[5].dq_obuf" has multiple fan-outs 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dq_ddio_dataout[4]" feeding the node "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dqs_group[0].dq[4].dq_obuf" has multiple fan-outs 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dq_ddio_dataout[3]" feeding the node "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dqs_group[0].dq[3].dq_obuf" has multiple fan-outs 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dq_ddio_dataout[2]" feeding the node "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dqs_group[0].dq[2].dq_obuf" has multiple fan-outs 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dq_ddio_dataout[1]" feeding the node "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dqs_group[0].dq[1].dq_obuf" has multiple fan-outs 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dq_ddio_dataout[0]" feeding the node "c310:inst1|altmemddr:the_altmemddr|altmemddr_controller_phy:altmemddr_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii:altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_ciii_inst|altmemddr_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io_ciii:dpio|dqs_group[0].dq[0].dq_obuf" has multiple fan-outs 

please help me ,thank you !
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had similar errors that all went away when I assigned the symbol lines to pins. 

I have reduced mine down to one error now: 

Error: The DDIO_OUT WYSIWYG primitive "NiosIIProcessor:inst5|altmemddr_0:the_altmemddr_0|altmemddr_0_controller_phy:altmemddr_0_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_0_phy:alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_0_phy_alt_mem_phy:altmemddr_0_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_0_phy_alt_mem_phy_clk_reset:clk|altddio_bidir:DDR_CLK_OUT[0].ddr_clk_out_p|ddio_bidir_cmg:auto_generated|ddio_outa[0]" feeding the pin "DDR_CLK_P" has multiple fan-outs 

There is a reset_CLK_n.... signal that I did not know what to do with since the CIII Starter Kit did not use this line but it may be unrelated to my problem not sure since I changed the symbol to make the reset_CLK_n line unused. I will search the Megafunction docs tomorrow but if anyone knows off the top of their head what the problem is or what I am suppose to do with the reset_CLK_n... line I would appreciate it. 

Cheers
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

TO_BE_DONE

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

Another newbie to this FPGA, using the NiosII on CIII Dev Kit with QII Web Ed. 9.0sp2  

I'm seeing this problem too, and am hoping you found a solution and wouldn't mind sharing it with me? 

Cheers, 

Erik
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi ebrockhoff, 

The solution was to use the "OUTPUT_ENABLE_GROUP" keyword. Easies way is to run a tcl script that corresponds to your hardware. For example, if you are using an Altera Dev Kit, there will be tcl script that will do this for you in the files/directories that are created after you install the software associated with your Altera Dev Kit. In summary: 

1. tcl script files are the files that end in *.tcl 

2. In Quartus II go to Tools | Tcl Scripts.... 

3. View the Tcl Scripts that correspond to your Altera Dev Kit hardware with DDR and use the "OUTPUT_ENABLE_GROUP" keyword. 

By the way, you can also view and modify the tcl files with note pad or any other text editor if you want. 

If this helped you in anyway please add to my rep. 

Cheers, 

Max
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Max, 

Thanks - I just managed to find that out! 

Cheers, 

Erik
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I have the same problem 

do you resolve it
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi ebrockhoff, 

The solution was to use the "OUTPUT_ENABLE_GROUP" keyword. Easies way is to run a tcl script that corresponds to your hardware. For example, if you are using an Altera Dev Kit, there will be tcl script that will do this for you in the files/directories that are created after you install the software associated with your Altera Dev Kit. In summary: 

1. tcl script files are the files that end in *.tcl 

2. In Quartus II go to Tools | Tcl Scripts.... 

3. View the Tcl Scripts that correspond to your Altera Dev Kit hardware with DDR and use the "OUTPUT_ENABLE_GROUP" keyword. 

By the way, you can also view and modify the tcl files with note pad or any other text editor if you want. 

If this helped you in anyway please add to my rep. 

Cheers, 

Max 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi all, especial with Max, 

I try with your soution. But I do not understand how to use the "OUTPUT_ENABLE_GROUP" keyword. I searched it in file .tcl - and what are the next steps ?
0 Kudos