Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

DDR2 Controller Preset Files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I am interested in using the HP DDR2 Controller IP with a 4Gbit DDR2 RAM chip MT47H512M8THM. In SOPC Builder there are no presets for this chip. Does anyone know where I can get these preset files?  

Thank you! 

Brianna
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't have the file but I can suggest a methodology to limit the pain of getting the parameters. If no one has the sheet available then you might do the following, find a similar part (hopefully from the same manufacturer) that is listed in the parts of the megawizard in the High Performance DDR2 controller. Click the customize and in there you can see all the parameters, match those numbers up with the data sheet on that part, now you have an idea of how they correspond name-wise. Now take that knowledge and do the same with your actual part. Again this is best if you can do it with same manufacturer as they will have the same name and similar positions in the datasheet hopefully.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It's really not that bad to grab the datasheet and go through and fill out the values. Might take you half an hour. Then once you're done, save it and you'll have it forever. 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Right now I'm looking for the same xml file for a ddr2 from Samsung: K4T51163QG. 

Thx in advance,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just went through the same process, generating an XML file for a 1Gbit Micron part that wasn't otherwise available from Altera. I used the existing XML for MT47H64M8-3 from the preset_library.xml file to generate the same info for the MT47H64M16-3. It turns out that only 4-5 parameters were different. 

If you copy/paste the <preset> </preset> section to a new file and then call it (for example) MT47H64M16.xml and then leave it in the same directory as preset_library.xml, it will show up in the Megawizard menu, as a selection. 

Between the Micron datasheet and Micron's HDL simulation file (ddr2_parameters.vh....both available on the web), I was able to come up with all of the parameters needed for the XML file. It did take an hour or so, but now I should be good to go. 

Jeff
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey guys - dumb question - what folder are these xml files in? I need to do the same thing... 

Chris
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hey guys - dumb question - what folder are these xml files in? I need to do the same thing... 

Chris 

--- Quote End ---  

here:  

D:\Altera\91_2\ip\altera\ddr_high_perf\lib\preset_library.xml
0 Kudos