Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

How do I click to proceed during training videos?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

During Altera training videos, the Demonstration opens a new video in Safari. When the video stops when the instructor clicks on something, how do I make the video proceed? I used to click the 2x speed button but that makes the video's volume muted. If I click 'Play' nothing happens, and the |< and >| signs go to different frames in the video. 

Thanks, 

Apoorva
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hmm...which training are you having a problem with? The demos should not be behaving like that.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hmm...which training are you having a problem with? The demos should not be behaving like that. 

--- Quote End ---  

For example, in this video: https://www.altera.com/customertraining/webex/partialreconfig/presentation.html 

If I click the section 'Demonstration' 

A new Safari window opens with the demonstration. This new window is the one with the issue.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hmm, I'm not seeing this issue in Safari (presumably on a Mac, right?). Have you tried another web browser? Check whether you are using the Flash or HTML5 version of the training (click on URL in address bar to see full URL). Chances are it's presentation_html5.html. Safari forces you to use the HTML5 version of the training. Try going into Safari Internet plug-ins and enabling Flash. Then go back to presentation.html. See if it works. 

I happen to know (since I will be doing it ;-) ) that this training will be updated very shortly for Arria 10 PR. Are you looking for PR on Stratix V or Arria 10?
0 Kudos