Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Scheduler function of eCos

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have successfully downloaded eCos for NIOS II 5.0 from the download section. 

I have been able to implement the "Hello,eCos World" program on my Stratix FPGA board. 

Can anyone suggest to me whether it is possible to disable the scheduler function from the eCos kernel? The reason being that, I plan to implement an alternative method for the scheduling. 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by nios_ssp@Dec 22 2005, 03:02 PM 

hi, 

i have successfully downloaded ecos for nios ii 5.0 from the download section. 

i have been able to implement the "hello,ecos world" program on my stratix fpga board. 

can anyone suggest to me whether it is possible to disable the scheduler function from the ecos kernel? the reason being that, i plan to implement an alternative method for the scheduling. 

thanks in advance. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=11749) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

I am still learning eCos, but that is a bit like asking "I just drove this great new car, but I really want to replace the transmission before anything else".... its probably possible but my inclination is that you&#39;ll have to look under the hood and do some poking around to determine feasibility. You might also try this on the ecos mailing lists (http://ecos.sourceware.org/intouch.html).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by jesse+dec 22 2005, 03:49 pm--><div class='quotetop'>quote (jesse @ dec 22 2005, 03:49 pm)</div> 

--- quote start ---  

<!--quotebegin-nios_ssp@Dec 22 2005, 03:02 PM 

hi, 

i have successfully downloaded ecos for nios ii 5.0 from the download section. 

i have been able to implement the "hello,ecos world" program on my stratix fpga board. 

can anyone suggest to me whether it is possible to disable the scheduler function from the ecos kernel? the reason being that, i plan to implement an alternative method for the scheduling. 

thanks in advance. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=11749) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

I am still learning eCos, but that is a bit like asking "I just drove this great new car, but I really want to replace the transmission before anything else".... its probably possible but my inclination is that you&#39;ll have to look under the hood and do some poking around to determine feasibility. You might also try this on the ecos mailing lists (http://ecos.sourceware.org/intouch.html). 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=11752)</div> 

[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks...I&#39;ll try that.
0 Kudos