Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Lifecycle information for Cyclone III EP3C5E144C8N and EP3C16Q240C8N

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Where can I find lifecycle status for the Cyclone III EP3C16Q240C8N and EP3C5E144C8N? Searches via Google and on this forum have not turned up anything.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The present state is active as you see at distributors. If your question targets to the expectable future availability, you need to ask Altera sales or contracted distributors. 

Presently, even some first generation Cyclone devices are still in production because there's apparently a demand. Similarly I would expect that the 240PQFP devices which are preferred by some users on low density PCBs have some life expectation. EP3C5E144C8N has a 97% pin compatible Cyclone IV replacement.  

Cyclone IV is unique in some features compared to newer Cyclone V, 10 and MAX10 and is planned to be continued according to my distributors. Of course, there can be always reasons to change plans.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The present state is active as you see at distributors. If your question targets to the expectable future availability, you need to ask Altera sales or contracted distributors. 

Presently, even some first generation Cyclone devices are still in production because there's apparently a demand. Similarly I would expect that the 240PQFP devices which are preferred by some users on low density PCBs have some life expectation. EP3C5E144C8N has a 97% pin compatible Cyclone IV replacement.  

Cyclone IV is unique in some features compared to newer Cyclone V, 10 and MAX10 and is planned to be continued according to my distributors. Of course, there can be always reasons to change plans. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks very much. We are new to this depth of component sourcing, and finding paths to critical information is a learning experience. I appreciate your help. 

JS
0 Kudos