FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Can I do this in DSP Builder.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a turbo decoder written in VHDL and I have performed 'compile' in quartus II. Can I perform a simulation using Simulink, like import my VHDL code to simulink and make use of simulink tools to model encoder, AWGN channel, while using my vhdl code to decode and check the BER? This is like a test bench....

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

there is an HDL Import block in DSP Builder that you might try. there are limitations on how it can be used which are covered in the User Guide. 

i think the Mathworks also has a solution which allows Simulink blocks to be sinks and sources for HDL which is simulated in the background using ModelSim. i haven't tried this but it sounds useful.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have tried cosimulation with Modelsim and Simulink and it works perfectly. It's a good solution. If you have questions about it don't hesitate. 

Best regards, 

Jeremy.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just in case you are still seeking a solution... 

DSP Builder HIL may meet your requirement. If your Quartus II project contains a single clock domain, the project can be imported in a HIL block, and you can test the Quartus II project using simulink simulation. Of course, you can use simulink stimuli and scopes in the simulation.
0 Kudos