Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

zero logic elements used

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey friends, 

I am a beginner in Quartus. I am trying to do a simulation using the simulator in Quartus. I am getting the expected results . However, it shows me that the logic elements or register used are zero!! Does that mean that my entire design is wrong?:confused: 

Well, is it because after I accept all my inputs, I need to do some array calculations. I have performed them using registers and then then assigned those registers to outputs. But still it should show me some registers used. Also, some of the inputs values have been assigned in the code itself.  

Please help. Thanks in advance!! 

Regards 

sim007
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hey friends, 

it shows me that the logic elements or register used are zero!! Does that mean that my entire design is wrong? 

--- Quote End ---  

1. if your project don`t use register, there are not used register in report - it`s Ok, there is example "voltage level shifting" (http://www.altera.com/support/examples/max/exm-max.html

2. if you didn`t connect you resource, there are not used register in report - it`s error
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to ensure there is a clear path from inputs to outputs. Any break is likely to mean all of your logic gets synthesised away. 

It might be a good idea to post up some code you think is causing the problem.
0 Kudos