Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Printing schematic files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1. I have been trying to print a schematic file in Quartus II v6.0, splitting the print over a couple of pages so that I can read the text. This seems not to be possible through Quartus, so I went via a pdf file and used the pdf reader to print page sections - but it is not easy to get pages of the same scale for sticking together. Am I missing a simple way of doing this? 

2. Since yesterday my schematic printouts have the layout grid on them, whereas the background was clear on prints before then. I cannot find a way of turning off the printed grid. Any ideas? 

Cheers 

Gordon
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Gordon 

I've just tried this and it works: 

First of all, turn off the grid by right clicking on the background of the schematic and de-selecting "Show Guidelines" 

Select "Print Preview" from the file menu, then click on the "Page Setup" button. At the bottom of this dialog you can select the number of pages wide and tall to split the print over. The preview will show you what you'll get. You might want to re-arrange your schematic a bit so that the splits occur at convenient places. 

Cheers
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the reply sharkybaba. Strangely the guidelines on paper is no longer present whether they are on the on-screen view or not. 

I cannot find a Page Setup button on Print Preview. Does this need to be enabled somewhere? Using Page Setup from the File menu gives a dialogue box with no choices about the number of pages - only paper size, orientation, and margins are offered. 

Are you using v6.0? 

Cheers 

Gordon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Gordon, 

I'm on version 6.1, so that might be why you're not seeing the same as I am. I can't see any mention of this feature in the Release Notes for 6.1 though. 

Sorry about that.
0 Kudos