Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

simplest way to start using triple speed ethernet under NIOS WITHOUT RTOS

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good day! 

I am beginner at NIOS programming thats why I need your help. I need to create light SNMP manager under NIOS. Maybe some one see any examples of projects that used Triple speed ethernet megacore on NIOS without RTOS and Niche stack (or I am wrong about it and without Niche this MAC doesnt work at all) under NIOS EDS 9.0? Or maybe you will tel me another way? 

Now I tryed to do all with TSE API but even including triple_speed_ethernet_iniche.h to init MAC not work without using RTOS 

make -s all includes  

Compiling main.c... 

../main.c:1:42: triple_speed_ethernet_iniche.h: No such file or directory 

make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1 

Build completed in 14.796 seconds triple_speed_ethernet_iniche.h in project properties but that doesn't help me too... 

I tryed to include path to project properties but that doesn't help me too. 

PS 

At this moment I just want to get packet from network without using Niche stack.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Running the Interniche TCP/IP stack without the RTOS is called "Superloop mode", and while it is not supported by Altera, you can find some information here (http://www.nioswiki.com/exampledesigns/superloopsimplesocketserverplus). 

Running without the Niche stack will require a lot more work, you would have to write your own stack from scratch.
0 Kudos