Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Urgent help, Quartus error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear friends, 

I started to work with Quartus II recentlly and my current project went very well until I discovered "Timing Optimization Advisor" :eek: . I followed its reccomendations about "Perform Multicorner Analysis" or something I can't remember exactlly because now dissapeared (I clicked some button that tells me to correct) and since then, Quartus stops at Timing anaysis with this error: 

Error: Cannot find minimum timing model for device epm3064a 

I reset to default all settings but still error.  

What should I do pls? 

Thanks in advance,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Dear friends, 

I started to work with Quartus II recentlly and my current project went very well until I discovered "Timing Optimization Advisor" :eek: . I followed its reccomendations about "Perform Multicorner Analysis" or something I can't remember exactlly because now dissapeared (I clicked some button that tells me to correct) and since then, Quartus stops at Timing anaysis with this error: 

Error: Cannot find minimum timing model for device epm3064a 

I reset to default all settings but still error.  

What should I do pls? 

Thanks in advance, 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

which Quartus version did you use ? I check the version 9.0 SP2 and I found that fast timing is not supported for EPM3064a. How did you make the setting ? 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I use 9.0 SP2 downloaded few days ago. Seems some setting was set (--fast) but I was not able to undone or I couldn't find in Settings menu. I had to make a new project and include my old schematic file, so now is working again. 

I have some little problems with Quartus way of organize things (menus, etc.). For example I noticed there are "Tools" also inserted in other menus than Tools, etc. I have to get use to. 

Best regards, 

Richard,
0 Kudos