Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16598 Discussions

Problem to generate the design with Synplify

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I encounter some issues in order to generate my Leon3 design. 

I'm using Synplify v9.6.2 for the synthesis and Quartus II v8.1 for the place 

and route. 

I obtain 708 errors during the place and route phase. The following is an 

extract of the errors list : 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "un8_cpt_clk_divided_9_" is not compatible with the current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619906 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "un8_cpt_clk_divided_8_" is not compatible with the current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619917 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "un8_cpt_clk_divided_7_" is not compatible with the current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619928 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "clklock_1_cZ" is not compatible with the current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619938 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "clk_divided_0_0_cZ" is not compatible with the 

current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619948 

I precise I can generate without errors the same design using Quartus II 8.1 for the synthesis and place & route phase. Moreover I confirm I have selected the same FPGA target (EP3C40) in Synplify and Quartus. Therefore I think there is a problem of compatibility between Synplify and Quartus. 

As my flow design process recommends to use Synplify, I would like to know if you have a solution to resolve this problem. 

Julien
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I encounter some issues in order to generate my Leon3 design. 

I'm using Synplify v9.6.2 for the synthesis and Quartus II v8.1 for the place 

and route. 

I obtain 708 errors during the place and route phase. The following is an 

extract of the errors list : 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "un8_cpt_clk_divided_9_" is not compatible with the current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619906 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "un8_cpt_clk_divided_8_" is not compatible with the current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619917 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "un8_cpt_clk_divided_7_" is not compatible with the current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619928 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "clklock_1_cZ" is not compatible with the current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619938 

Error: WYSIWYG primitive "clk_divided_0_0_cZ" is not compatible with the 

current device family File: 

/projets/grlib/designs/test/synplify/leon3mp.edf Line: 619948 

I precise I can generate without errors the same design using Quartus II 8.1 for the synthesis and place & route phase. Moreover I confirm I have selected the same FPGA target (EP3C40) in Synplify and Quartus. Therefore I think there is a problem of compatibility between Synplify and Quartus. 

As my flow design process recommends to use Synplify, I would like to know if you have a solution to resolve this problem. 

Julien 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

first think I'm wondering is that you are using an EDIF netlist. The default for Atera devices at least in SynplifyPro is a vqm netlist. Unfortunately I have no access to Synplify. 

Are you really sure that you choose the correct device ? The only way to force SynplifyPro to generate an EDIF netlist for Altera is to choose e.g MAX device . 

Can you post your SynplifyPro .prj File ? 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos