Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

RFID and bluetooth module

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, all 

I currently have a project that asked me to interface between RFID and bluetooth module. Basically, the data read from RFID tags and received by the RFID reader, than will be translated by FPGA, which later will go to bluetooth to be send to the server.  

I currently have DE2 board with cyclone II chip inside. My question... is there any recommendation from you where should I get the module for the RFID and bluetooth which can be compatible with my FPGA. and for the interfacing, the RFID able to go thru 40 pin on FPGA and bluetooth by usb slot?  

any kind of help or material related to this will be greatly appriciated  

PS: I;m still a newbie, so if I post in the wrong place or said something wrong, I'm sorry. and THX very much.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thats my daily business ... but fully integration of the stuff into one FPGA 

as you use an fpga you are free to connect nearly everything. 

you must of course take care about the electrical connection but in your case, don't forget that bluetooth does it's data transmission on 2.4GHz the same ISM as WLAN and your RFID system must not do its comunication with the tags on the same ISM frequency range (but we do) what needs special arbitration and signal processing. 

if you buy ready modules and only need to connect them and do some protocol conversion then you would only need to look at the electrial interface. 

there are plenty of companies out there that have RFID and or bluetooth modules. jst google for them.
0 Kudos