Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Problems when moving a design to another computer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would like to move my sw design to another computer, but ran into some problems. 

- I copied the whole project catalog to the new destination, including both hw and sw files. 

- I imported the project and the syslib catalogs into Nios II IDE by choosing import - Existing Altera Nios II Project into Workspace. 

- I recompiled the project. 

The compiler complains about missing the following two include files. 

altera_avalon_spi_regs.h 

altera_avalon_spi.h 

I can find the files in the Nios II Device Drivers folder 

On the other hand, I have no problems with altera_avalon_pio_regs.h. 

So, 

-Is there anything special about the spi functions that I am missing? 

-Is there any other way to move the project that is more likely to work? 

Anyone with experience moving projects? 

Havard
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Drawing at straws here. But go into the properties of the project and it's corresponding library "project" or whatever it's called, and make sure everything is in order. 

Could you describe your system (might be able to figure out more from that).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'll try this out here and file a problem report and get it fixed (as soon as reasonably possible). If I can't reproduce it, I'll tell you.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The problem seemed to be that the spi part was excluded from the generated makefile for some reason. Then I performed the Standard Windows Troubleshooting Trick ( Delete everything, and install it again. If it doesn't work, repeat by deleting even more ). Now it works. 

So something was wrong, and now it works. Noone knows why,... 

Havard
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a similar problem.  

I haven't moved the project to another computer, I only changed some code and now, the compiler complains  

"Error altera_avalon_spi_regs.h: No such file or directory flashRoutines_lowLevel.c" 

The code I changed is in a completely different location and has really nothing to do with the SPI or the functionality in the file "flashRoutines_lowLevel.c". The crazy thing is, the project compiled without problems a few hours before.  

I'll try to close the project and import it again (the uninstall-reinstall idea) in the Nios II IDE... I don't want to reinstall the whole Quartus/Nios environment... htoerrin what have you reinstalled?
0 Kudos