Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

dlopen()

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there a way to build libdl? The java interpreter which I'm trying to build (jamvm) wants it. Normally this is a part of libc, but it doesn't seem to get build into microtronix uClibc. Do I have my LDFLAGS incorrect, or is there some way to build libdl.so

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As far as I know, the nios2 tool chain Altera provides does not support PIC. Therefore, shared libraries is not supported.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually, I discovered that there is a dlopen provided by the standard libraries. At least you can compile with it and when linking, you don't get problems with resolving it. I haven't tried to actually use a program which uses dlopen() yet, though.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by clansdown@May 11 2005, 10:08 AM 

actually, i discovered that there is a dlopen provided by the standard libraries. at least you can compile with it and when linking, you don't get problems with resolving it. i haven't tried to actually use a program which uses dlopen() yet, though. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=6859) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

If the intended application does not really need dynamic link (native) functionality, 

one may consider link the native methods statically (like hte JAMVM internal native methods!)
0 Kudos