Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Nios2 Dev Kit - Flash programming

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys! 

I'm using a Nios 2 Development Kit, stratix Edition with a EP1S10 FPGA. I have a well running .sof program but I would like now to have a non-volatile program, in order to test it anywhere. I believed that if I was programming the associated .pof file, it would be ok, but visibly, this is not the right way. 

So what is the way to save this "user" config in the flash memory. I don't have any other file than these .sof and .pof files, i don't have a .ptf file as the flash programmer software asks me (maybe because my program doesn't use any Nios core, I don't know. In the flash programmer window, all browsers are empty, I can't access and select anything. Even when I check the Checkbox called "Program FPGA configuration data into hardware-image region of flash memory" it doesn't enable the browser underneath it. I don't know how to do. 

Does someone know which way I must follow?? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
0 Replies