Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Using Distribution v1.3 with Altera v5.0 tools

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Has anyone successfully used Quartus II v4.2, SP1 with the latest release of the Nios II Embedded Processor Tools (v5.0)? I have a CD that contains v1.01 of the Nios II tools but v1.1 is no longer available from the Altera website. 

I realize that Altera states that you must use Quartus II, v5.0 with the Nios II v5.0 tools. However, since rbrooks warned users that the uCLinux Distribution v1.3 tools will no longer function when used with the new v5.0 tools, I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and hard place. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could either obtain a copy of the Nios II v1.1 tools or is there a workaround when using the Nios II v5.0 tools? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Sincerely, 

Brad.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Brad, 

I think the easiest way is to get a version of NiosIDE v1.1.... 

You can download many things from ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/release/ (ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/release/) , but it is often really, really slow. 

Hope it helps, 

Regards 

pod
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi pod, 

Thanks for the link. It looks it's just what I need. I haven't tried it yet so I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be dreadfully slow. 

Brad.
0 Kudos