Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

several questions about making my target board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I use mk command to generate a target board project. 

I open this project ,and open sopc from tools menu in quartus, but I found this system has included cpu_0, firmware_ROM, data_RAM, payload_Buffer, jtag_uart_0, asmi, sysid. 

if I use this target board and construct a new system in a new project , do I need to add cpu and jtag_uart again?? 

what is offset?? 

I use sst29vf1601 as my work flash, do I need add "user" and "safe"?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Not neccessary, you just add a tri-state bridge,your Flash. 

The offset(address) will be ok after "auto assign". 

Please look at the AN***.pdf under <nios>/documents.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank u 

but if i wanna use the flash programmer in nios II IDE, I need a target board, do u use this function?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I misunderstand you. Do you means : is it necessary to add new Nios when you create new nios system after creating "target board"? 

Yes, obviously, you should add new Nios and Jtag, and some other components to implement what your thinking. The "new system " project and "target board" project" are in diffrent usage. The "target board" project only using when you use "Flash programming" to programming "new system" project ( the "target board" project will programming to FPGA first to programming "new system" project to Flash, then after power reset, the "new system" project will work.)
0 Kudos