Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

uClinux FTP Question?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello I have a program that creates files, puts them into my //home/ftp directory. I would like to log into the FTP server and download those files that the program creates. I cant dowload or see anyfiles there, but I can upload files to that location. 

How do I set up the permisions so I can see and download those through the FTP server?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

copy '/bin/ls' to your ftp folder .

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'll give it a go! Thanks

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I copied ls into my /home/ftp directory. However; it does not seem to do anything differntly. I suppose that was so that the ftp client could get a directory listing, but it still doesnt do that. Furthermore I still cannot actually download any files from that location even if I already "know" they exist there. 

Any other sugestions?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

BTW: the Default installation of my "Altera EPC12_eval" kit works just fine. I dont see how its so differnt. The rc file and other files in the /etc directory are nearly identical!?! 

the default installation ./restore_my_flash thing does not have ls in the ftp directory. What are the differences in the /ftp setup? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry , I said is not clear .  

My English is not good, please forgives . 

please see http://www.niosforum.com/forum/index.php?a...st=0&#entry8646 (http://www.niosforum.com/forum/index.php?act=st&f=18&t=2192&st=0&#entry8646) 

this is my topic "a problem when using ftpd in passive mode ", which you send a reply for me . 

I made an example for you .
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You were on the right track it had to do with the ls, but putting ls in the ftp directory did nothing here is what I did. 

I found that the default instalation worked. The default installation used the "ls" command from the busybox. I created a little script: 

# !/bin/sh 

/bin/busybox ls $* 

that links the ls command back to the busybox, and I removed the ls.exe fromt the /bin directory. 

This gave me the colored text back, and allowed my ftp client to "see" the files! (same as the default instalation) 

Works prefectly now. 

Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

You were on the right track it had to do with the ls, but putting ls in the ftp directory did nothing here is what I did.[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

Sorry, I cannot understand the meaning of this sentence. My English is not good. 

I enumerate some common questions about ftpd on uclinux . it maybe can help you . 

first, you must change the terget dir of ftpd. 

like the example which i give you. 

open the /etc/passwd file . 

and fix the ftp user &#39;s root dir. 

===passwd================================================= 

ftp:x:14:50:FTP User:/mnt/cf(<= /mnt is ramfs )

========================================================= 

that&#39;s because the uclinux use romfs in the /home dir.  

it no use to set the ftp dir to /home/ftp. 

Second, you make sure that your ftp client software is run in port mode. 

if run in pasive mode you will found the info from your ftp client software like this : 

====================================================== 

- PASV 

- 227 Entering Passive Mode (0,0,0,0,12,1) 

- Opening data connection IP: 0.0.0.0 PORT: 3073 

- Unable connect to 0.0.0.0:3073 (Can&#39;t Assign Requested Address(10049)) 

====================================================== 

there are four ZEROs when the server send his IP. 

So, must use port mode without fix code of ftpd. 

Good luck with you.
0 Kudos