Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

download problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i designed a very simple SOPC system .the system just implement driving 8 leds .But when i download the configure data to my fpga(stratix 1s40).It always jumps to safe mode.The board,chip,pins and software are  

correctly connected and configured. I compare my design with the design under my install directory,but i can find anything different. 

what is the reason?how to solve it? 

I have just bought this new development board . So i don't familiar with the board at all.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by icesword@Jul 25 2005, 01:29 AM 

i designed a very simple sopc system  .the system just implement driving 8 leds .but when i download the configure data to my fpga(stratix 1s40).it always jumps to safe mode.the board,chip,pins and software are  

correctly connected and configured. i compare my design with the design under my install directory,but i can find anything different. 

what is the reason?how to solve it? 

i have just bought this new development board  . so i don't familiar with the board at all. 

--- Quote End ---  

hi 

there are a zillion things that can be wrong in NIOS designs. 

perhaps you can start with the reference design and remove all the components that you do not need in the sopc builder, 

Generate SOPC System 

Recompile in Quartus 

Create a New Project in NIOS IDE 

Copy Your existing code there. 

Make sure it works  

then compare this design with yours. 

regards 

Pavan http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif
0 Kudos