Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Problem Kernel build

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a problem with the build of the Linux Kernel. 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c: In function `timer_interrupt': 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c:72: error: `na_timer0' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c:72: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c:72: error: for each function it appears in.) 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c: In function `time_init': 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c:113: error: `na_timer0_irq' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c:115: error: `na_timer0' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c:120: error: `np_timercontrol_start_mask' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c:121: error: `np_timercontrol_cont_mask' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x/arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.c:121: error: `np_timercontrol_ito_mask' undeclared (first use in this function) 

make[2]: *** [arch/nios2nommu/kernel/time.o] Error 1 

make[1]: *** [arch/nios2nommu/kernel] Error 2 

make: *** [_all] Error 2 

make: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2_5/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_1.4.0/linux-2.6.x' 

that is the error report. 

I think I have a error in the Konfiguration.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It looks like you don't have a timer. Or you named it wrong. Do you use a example nios project or you own?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hmm... the kernel scripts may be acting up... can you post the first 50 or so lines of the kernel build messages? And if you can e-mail me the system.ptf file that you built the kernel against, we can straighten this out pretty quickly I think. 

ken.wong@microtronix.com
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, 

I forgot the Timer in the Hardware file.
0 Kudos