Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12605 Discussions

how to change page in stand alone lwip web server

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

how to change page in stand alone lwip web server templete? 

I just download stand alone lwip and do a lwip web server templete project. 

when I try to modify the page in the fs.zip file,rebuile the project and run on the board,the page in the board dosen't change. 

How could I do ? 

Thanks!!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The example shipped with stand alone LWIP uses static C arrays to emulate a "filesystem". There's a Perl script, included, that should enable you to turn any directory of files into fsdata.c and fsdata.h. 

Cheers, 

- slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I read the README file in the project.And I also saw a perl script which name is makefadata.My question is that do I have to copy the file makefadata and pages in a unix system for conversion??Or it will automatically convert when I build the project?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You'll have to run the script, yourself. What you'd like to do is not built into the IDE... 

- slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by bearmowmow@Sep 20 2005, 12:43 PM 

how to change page in stand alone lwip web server templete? 

i just download stand alone lwip and do a lwip web server templete project. 

when i try to modify the page in the fs.zip file,rebuile the project and run on the board,the page in the board dosen't change. 

how could i do ? 

thanks!! 

--- Quote End ---  

You're quite correct just change the contents of the zip file, ensuring it's not compressed. The step you're missing is that you need to run the flash programmer, which will actually program the file into the flash.  

I'm afraid slackers posts are misleading and referring to Nios 1.0, which did things a different way.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, I believe the post is asking about "Stand Alone" LWIP, not the uC/OS-II & LWIP version shipped with the kits. 

If you're asking about Stand Alone LWIP, follow my instructions. If you're asking about the version shipped with the FULL software, from Altera, then follow rugbybloke's suggestions. 

Cheers, 

- slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have been succufully do the work.Both stand alone & webserver.Thnak you very much !! 

stand alone is use ram file system so we need the perl script to covert the page into .c 

webserver is use zip file so we have to flash it with flash programmer. 

I am so happy that I success !! 

thanks a lot.
0 Kudos