Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Problems running web server example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all! 

I have problems in running the web server example of my NiosII StratixII Dev Board. The project compiles and is running, DHCP fails and it uses static IP. It replys arp-requests, but I can't see the websites with my browser. Are there any problems known with this demo web server? 

For information: The factory design with its web server is running without problems.  

Thanky you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by e-tricky@Dec 6 2005, 08:30 AM 

hello all! 

i have problems in running the web server example of my niosii stratixii dev board. the project compiles and is running, dhcp fails and it uses static ip. it replys arp-requests, but i can't see the websites with my browser. are there any problems known with this demo web server? 

for information: the factory design with its web server is running without problems.  

thanky you! 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=11353) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Hi e-tricky, 

had the same problem here. Where I work we all have a static IP-address. What you can do best is change the time-out voor the dhcp-service. I beleive it is in dhcp.c. And change the IP-address manually to an address in your range... And that works perfectly.... 

Good luck, 

Danny
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you, but manual IP address setting alone was not the solution.  

But now it works. There seems to be a bug in dhcp on this example. If it could not find a dhcp server and it times out, the static ip is set but the web server is not accessible.  

Now I have disabled the dhcp (Nios IDE, lwip settings) and now it works.  

e-tricky
0 Kudos