Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

on Chip RAM system access (DMA)???

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, all, 

Can anyone tell me how to move data from on-chip memory (part of my hardware design) to SDRAM? 

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well, do you have a working SDRAM controller in your design? If you do, it will show up in the address map (or check the SOPC builder for the appropriate address range), define a few pointers in your target program and copy with a simple memcpy() routine. 

Arjan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by arjan@Dec 8 2005, 03:45 AM 

well, do you have a working sdram controller in your design? if you do, it will show up in the address map (or check the sopc builder for the appropriate address range), define a few pointers in your target program and copy with a simple memcpy() routine. 

arjan 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=11416) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks Arjan, 

I know about a few the SDRAM addressing, my current problem is how to access my on-chip memory which is in AUTO mode instantiation on Stratix II. And the on-chip mem contains huge amout of data which forbids me to write register and address decoding for each single address. 

Could you consider one more time? 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Look at the example designs that comes with the development boards. That will show how to build a working system in detail.

0 Kudos