Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Help writing c code for NiosII_Stratix II_2s60

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi at all! This is my first post. 

I would like to have some advice to write the c code for my thesis. 

I have to use a NiosII_Stratix II_2s60. I have started from the example present in kits/nios2_51/examples/vhdl/niosII_StratixII_2s60. 

I&#39;ve added in the project a 32bits counter (up counter) and a FIFO with this features: 32bits x 32768 words, almost full at 32000, almost empty < 1000). 

The counter is connected to FIFO and sends repeatedly bits to fill the FIFO that is connected to Nios. 

The FIFO is connected to NIOS through 3 ortogonal node that connect q[31..0] present in FIFO to in_pio3[7..0] present in Nios, the signal almost_full of FIFO is connected to in_pio1[7..0] present in Nios and the signal almost_empty of FIFO is connected to in_pio2[7..0] of Nios.  

The port q[31..0] of the counter is connected to data[31..0] of the FIFO. 

Starting from the simple socket server, using a lwip, i have to write a code for my project. 

The counter must sends bits continuously to FIFO but the counter must stops when the FIFO is almost full and when the FIFO is almost full the baud rate must be reduced. When the FIFO returns almost_empty the counter must restarts. 

How can i write this code? Could you give me some advice? 

Please help me to write this c code. Every advice is good for me. 

Thank you very much 

Greatings
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SS5
Novice

The same task i am trying. Can you help in this project.

0 Kudos
JOHI
New Contributor II

Hello SS5,

Welcome to the forum,

The board package contains demo code "OpenCore Plus evaluation of the Altera Triple-Speed Ethernet IP Core and supporting design example"​ This demo is a good place to start to get you up to speed with the TCP/IP stack.

Then, you can make several test projects for the various components of your project, test them with Modelsim and assemble your components to obtain your final project.

Please do understand that we can only try to help you with specific technical questions regarding problems where you are stuck.

Best Regards,

Johi.  

0 Kudos
SS5
Novice

Hi,

I am stuck in one design for past 10 days. Working with Altera CYCLONE V FPGA board.

I am generating Trigger Signal for 500ns and 32-bit counter (Verilog), and at every (neck edge) positive edge of Trigger signal i need to collect and store that count data into reg (final_value).

Same thing, the counter is connected to FIFO and sends repeatedly bits to fill the FIFO that is connected to Nios.

Enable signal is given From PIO., and reading the counter data from NIOS

ISSUE: IN NIOS, same data printing continously for certain number of times.

Verilog Code

module Counter( input clk, // 50Mhz input enable, input reset, output reg[31:0] Final_value, output reg trig ); reg[31:0] counter_out; reg [7:0] temp=0; reg [31:0] counter_result; wire temp1; wire temp2;   always@(posedge clk) begin if(reset) begin trig<=0; temp<=0; counter_out<=0; end else if (enable==1'b1) begin counter_out<=counter_out+1; temp<=temp+1; if(temp==25) begin temp<=0; trig<=~trig; /// Generating COunter end end end   assign temp1=trig; assign temp2=temp1&&clk; always@(posedge temp2) if(reset) counter_result<=0; else begin counter_result<=counter_result+1; // Increaming the Counter end always@(posedge trig) // Detecting Edge trig and storing into Final_value if(reset) Final_value<=0; else begin Final_value<=counter_result; end endmodule

Block Design

Trig_block.JPG

NIOS console

NIOS_console.JPG

0 Kudos