Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

IDE Flashprogrammer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a multiprocessor system with 2 NiosII cores. One of the processors is attached to the tristate bridge to get access to a CFI flash (NiosII DevKit Stratix Prof.) where the device is configured from. I have just updated to Quartus & Nios V5.1 and installed all of the service packs. 

If I use use the flash programmer to programm the .sof file to the flash, it stops with following message: 

# Programming flash with the FPGA configuration 

$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/nios2-flash-programmer --cable='USB-Blaster [USB-0]' --device=1 --sidp=0x00A02840 --id=1943235393 --timestamp=1141291928 --base=0x00000000 Chip_1S40.flash 

There are two or more Nios II processors available which match the values specified. Please use the configuration dialog to pick one, or specify the --device and/or --instance parameters on the command line. 

So my question is: where can I find the mentioned configuration dialog to pick the CPU with the CFI flash ? 

Using the command line flash programmer to programm the flash works - but as i am a lazy person I want to use the IDE. Patching the appropriate shell script is also not an option since my changes are overwriten every time i open the flash programmer dialog. 

Thank you for your help, 

Klaus
0 Kudos
0 Replies