Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Build "hello world" example fails

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

We have a problem here with the NIOS II 5.1. 

After installing I tried to build the simple hello_world example and got the 

following:# ##################################################### 

**** Incremental build of configuration Debug for project hello_world_0 **** 

make -s all  

Creating generated_all.mk... 

c:/altera/quartus51//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder: not found 

make: *** [C:/altera/kits/nios2_51/examples/verilog/niosII_cycloneII_2c35/standard/software/hello_world_0_syslib/Debug/system_description/../obj/generated_all.mk-t] Error 1 

Build completed# ##################################################### 

In the NIOS error-log I found the following:# ##################################################### 

!SESSION Apr 11, 2006 14:42:43.119 --------------------------------------------- 

eclipse.buildId=I200406251208 

java.version=1.5.0_04 

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc. 

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE 

!ENTRY com.altera.ide.core 1 0 Apr 11, 2006 14:42:43.119 

!MESSAGE sh C:/altera/quartus51/sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --update_classes_and_exit --no_splash -s --projectpathC:/altera/kits/nios2_51/examples/verilog/niosII_cycloneII_2c35/standard  

!ENTRY com.altera.ide.core 4 0 Apr 11, 2006 14:42:44.322 

!MESSAGE Error occurred while updating SOPC Builder Cache. Launch SOPC Builder from Quartus II for more information.# ##################################################### 

We use Quartus II 5.1 and Windows XP SP2 german version. 

Thanks in advance for any hint.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi scanl, 

Maybe you encountered the same problem with me. 

The following posts is FYI. 

http://forum.niosforum.com/forum/index.php...30&hl=david_cai (http://forum.niosforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3330&hl=david_cai

David
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've you been able to solve your problem? 

I get the exact same issue (sopc_builder: not found) with Quartus II 4.2 and Nios II IDE 1.1 under WinXP. 

Taking a closer look gives me the impression that it just can't work as it is... 

C:\altera\quartus42\sopc_builder\bin\sopc_builder is a shell script and is not seen as an executable by WinXP [of course]. 

-Pascal
0 Kudos