Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12605 Discussions

Rebuilding library after changing hardware design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using the standard FPGA design from the Nios II kit and I have a working project with ecos. I want to add another PIO port to my design. After adding the new PIO port in SOPC builder and rebuilding the FPGA design in Quartus, how do I rebuild ecos to give me access to the new PIO port? I tried using the nios2config tool to clean and then rebuild my project, but this did not generate a new copy of install/cyg/hal/system.h in the folders under my ecos project. 

I then made a new ecos configuration file in a new folder. When I built that library the system.h file which was generated contained references to the new PIO port I had added. I don't want to have to start a new ecos project every time I tweak my hardware, is there a method to make nios2config regenerate the system.h file after changing the hardware design? 

Mike
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by snadden@May 5 2006, 03:27 PM 

i am using the standard fpga design from the nios ii kit and i have a working project with ecos. i want to add another pio port to my design. after adding the new pio port in sopc builder and rebuilding the fpga design in quartus, how do i rebuild ecos to give me access to the new pio port? i tried using the nios2config tool to clean and then rebuild my project, but this did not generate a new copy of install/cyg/hal/system.h in the folders under my ecos project. 

i then made a new ecos configuration file in a new folder. when i built that library the system.h file which was generated contained references to the new pio port i had added. i don't want to have to start a new ecos project every time i tweak my hardware, is there a method to make nios2config regenerate the system.h file after changing the hardware design? 

mike 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=15080) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Just delete your folders like this foo_build, foo_install, foo_mlt 

and then you should regenerate Bulid Tree 

But I think you should try "Generate Bulid Tree" only. 

Try it!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, that worked! Deleting the folders seems to be the secret, regrenerating the build tree does not seem to be enough. 

Mike
0 Kudos