Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Eclipse,NIOS II IDE,Windows ,Linux?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have installed the NIOS II IDE onto windows. Another system of my computer is Fedora Core 5 which has installed Eclipse.As we known,NIOS II IDE is based on Eclipse and Gnu tools. In my opinion, if the Eclipse of Linux(such as Fedora Core) can compile the software of NIOS II, i can do most of my job in Fedora Core5. Now my question comes: is there any nios plugin for eclipse of linux? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi xunios, 

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by xunios@May 9 2006, 04:08 PM 

i have installed the nios ii ide onto windows. another system of my computer is fedora core 5 which has installed eclipse.as we known,nios ii ide is based on eclipse and gnu tools. in my opinion, if  the eclipse of linux(such as fedora core) can compile the software of nios ii, i can do most of  my job in fedora core5. now my question comes: is there any nios plugin  for eclipse of  linux? thanks in advance! 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=15225) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

There is a linux version of Nios II IDE.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by mfm+may 9 2006, 12:56 pm--><div class='quotetop'>quote (mfm @ may 9 2006, 12:56 pm)</div> 

--- quote start ---  

hi xunios, 

<!--quotebegin-xunios@May 9 2006, 04:08 PM 

i have installed the nios ii ide onto windows. another system of my computer is fedora core 5 which has installed eclipse.as we known,nios ii ide is based on eclipse and gnu tools. in my opinion, if  the eclipse of linux(such as fedora core) can compile the software of nios ii, i can do most of  my job in fedora core5. now my question comes: is there any nios plugin  for eclipse of  linux? thanks in advance! 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=15225) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

There is a linux version of Nios II IDE. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=15236)</div> 

[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, there is a linux version of Nios II IDE.But in my Fedora Core 5,it has Eclipse.So if i install the linux version of Nios II IDE,there will be 2 Eclipse of my System...I can not bear it.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

TO_BE_DONE

0 Kudos