Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12602 Discussions

uClinux on Nios-Eval 1C12 Cyclone

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The project that I have is send about 24 channels of 12 bit A/D data via ethernet to a PC. The task is well defined, relatively small, so I purchased the Nios EVAL KIT Cyclone 1C12 to get up and running with uClinux and Nios. My plan is to make the PC a server and the embedded system a client, and simply continously transfer the data via TCP, using uClinux. I was successful in getting the example design to run, which was the Nios with uClinux acting as a web server. Although I'm not planning to make a web server, I still would like to know how they did that. I just haven't been able to find the code that was actually the server code, etc. for the board. Does anyone (I think Microtronix makes this board but am not sure) know if the source code is available for this EVAL KIT board? Thanks, James.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by james bonanno@May 13 2006, 01:21 PM 

the project that i have is send about 24 channels of 12 bit a/d data via ethernet to a pc. the task is well defined, relatively small, so i purchased the nios eval kit cyclone 1c12 to get up and running with uclinux and nios. my plan is to make the pc a server and the embedded system a client, and simply continously transfer the data via tcp, using uclinux.  i was successful in getting the example design to run, which was the nios with uclinux acting as a web server. although i'm not planning to make a web server, i still would like to know how they did that. i just haven't been able to find the code that was actually the server code, etc. for the board. does anyone (i think microtronix makes this board but am not sure) know if the source code is available for this eval kit board? thanks, james. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=15350) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

In the mx1.40 app dir, you can find Boa . It is a webserver ,you can use it.
0 Kudos