Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Which tool chain to use ???

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi hippo and all, 

I am trying to compile some demo apps for graphic libraries and I am using hippos provided toolchain. ( toolchain before 6.0 release ) 

The problem I am facing is when ever any graphical app use functions like "pow", "log" ... (mostly realted to math library) app fails to get compiled. 

Can any one expalin why it is happening, is it nios limitation (fpu/mmu) or toolchain's limitation ?? 

Also how is Nios/Quartus 6.0 release toolchain, is it worth to switch to newer version ?? 

thanks, 

Ankur
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by ankur@Jun 29 2006, 01:56 PM 

hi hippo and all, 

i am trying to compile some demo apps for graphic libraries and i am using hippos provided toolchain. ( toolchain before 6.0 release ) 

the problem i am facing is when ever any graphical app use functions like "pow", "log" ...  (mostly realted to math library) app fails to get compiled. 

can any one expalin why it is happening, is it nios limitation (fpu/mmu) or toolchain's  limitation ?? 

also how is nios/quartus 6.0 release toolchain, is it worth to switch to newer version ?? 

thanks, 

ankur 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=16508) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

The default include dir search path is /opt/nios2/include or staging_dir/include . 

The default library search path is /opt/nios2/lib or staging_dir/lib . 

The default apps library is uClibc&#39;s libc, so you don&#39;t need -lc . 

If you use math, you need -lm . 

If you use pthread, you need -lpthread . 

If you use crypt, you need -lcrypt . 

You will need those include headers, too. 

The order of librarys is important, the linker will search only one pass by default.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks order was the problem. 

ankur
0 Kudos